Did you understand what you read?
- What was returned to Jesus before they lead him away?
- Why does John state that Jesus carried his cross, but Matthew, Mark, and Luke mention that Simon carried Jesusí cross?
- Who was Simon? How did he get assigned the task of carrying Jesusí cross?
- What did Jesus tell the mourners following him?
- What was offered to Jesus to drink? Why do you suppose he rejected it?
- What was done with Jesusí clothing?
- What charge was nailed to Jesusí cross? Why do you suppose the wording is slightly different in the gospel accounts?
- Who objected to this charge? Why?
- Who were also crucified at the same time?
- What abuse was being hurled at Jesus as he died? Who were saying these things?
- Who defended Jesus from the abuse?
- What happened between the sixth and ninth hour of the day?
- Why did some people think Jesus called out for Elijah?
- List what happened when Jesus died.
- What did the guards say concerning Jesus?
- Who was there at the cross as Jesus died?