Second Trial Before Pilate
Did you understand what you read?
- What was Pilate’s conclusion regarding Jesus? What did he offer to do?
- What custom did the Roman governor keep during the Passover? Who typically did the selection?
- Why do you think Pilate offered a choice between Barabbas and Jesus?
- Did Pilate understand why they Jews turned Jesus over to him? What was the reason? What did he say to annoy them?
- What message did Pilate’s wife send to him while he was making his decision?
- Which of the two prisoners did the crowd want released? Why?
- What did the crowd what done with Jesus?
- When Pilate asked why, what was the response?
- What would Pilate have preferred to have done with Jesus?
- Why did Pilate wash his hands of the matter?
- Who accepted responsibility for the decision?
- What did Pilate order to be done with Jesus?
- What did the soldiers do to Jesus?
- What did Pilate try to do after the scourging?
- Why did the rulers refuse? Why did their answer make Pilate afraid?
- What did Pilate what to know from Jesus?
- Where did Jesus say Pilate’s authority came from?
- What did Pilate attempt to do? What was he threatened with?
- What day was it? What time was it?
- Whom did the rulers claim as their king? Why is this a significant statement?