Did you understand what you read?
- Jesus said they didnít ask where he was going, but isnít that what Thomas asked in John 14:5? Explain how this isnít a contradiction.
- How were the disciples reacting to Jesusí statements about going? How is Jesusí lessening the blow?
- What three things would the Holy Spirit convict the world? Why was it necessary?
- Why couldnít Jesus tell them more just then? Who would tell them more later?
- What didnít the disciples understand? Who did they talk to? Who didnít they talk to?
- What will happen to the disciples shortly? How will the rest of the world react?
- What illustration did Jesus use to show that their sorrow would not last? Why wouldnít it last?
- How is it that in the future the disciples would not question Jesus about anything?
- How has Jesus been speaking to the disciples? How will he speak later?
- Whose love did Jesus assure the disciples they had?
- Did the disciples understand Jesus then?
- Is it going to stay with them?
- Need they worry later that they had left Jesus alone?