The Law and Divorce
Did you understand what you read?
- Why did the Pharisees scoff at Jesusí parables?
- Why did the Pharisees think they were in the right? Why werenít they justified?
- When did the teachings of God change?
- What did Jesus mean when he said, ďand everyone is forcing his way into itĒ?
- Despite the change in teaching, did the Law fail?
- What question, concerning the Law did the Pharisees ask Jesus?
- What was Jesusí answer?
- Why did the Pharisees object to Jesusí answer?
- Was divorce something God commanded? Why did it exist?
- Ignoring the exception clause for the moment, what is the consequence of divorcing and remarrying in general?
- Does divorce without remarriage make a person an adulterer?
- Can only a husband divorce his wife?
- When is remarriage allowed after a divorce?
- Can the person who committed fornication remarry without becoming an adulterer?
- What was the reaction of the disciples to this teaching?
- What are the three reasons a person might live without sexual relations?