Parable of the Unjust Steward
Did you understand what you read?
- To whom was Jesus speaking? Who was listening as well (see verse 14)?
- Understanding this parable means understanding the context in which it was given. In your own words what were the three prior parables attempting to get across?
- What had the steward in this parable been caught doing?
- How did the steward plan to support himself in the future?
- What did he do to gain his goal?
- For what, exactly, did the master praise the steward?
- In Luke 16:8, what are the two classes of people? Which category does the steward fall into?
- What is mammon? What should it be used for? What is there a time limit?
- Why should you be faithful in the use of mammon? Was the steward faithful?
- What happens when mammon becomes a focus in life?