Pharisees and Lawyers
Did you understand what you read?
- Where do these events take place?
- What had Jesus not done before eating?
- What do Pharisees do while leaving inside undone?
- What did Jesus mean by saying “give that which is within as charity?”
- Was it wrong to be tithe your spices?
- What motivated Pharisees to act as they did?
- What was the lawyer upset about?
- What sins have the lawyers been guilty of committing?
- How are the lawyers inadvertently showing approval for the sins of their ancestors?
- Why would apostles and prophets be sent to Judea?
- Given the reaction to Jesus’ statements, why do you suppose Jesus spoke so harshly to the Pharisees and lawyers?