The Adulterous Woman
Did you understand what you read?
- When everyone left after the feast, where did Jesus go?
- Where was Jesus on the following morning? Who was with him? What was he doing?
- Who brought a woman to Jesus? What was the charge against her?
- Did they know what the law demanded in this case? Why were they bringing such a case to Jesus?
- Read Leviticus 20:10 and Deuteronomy 22:22. What is missing in the scene John describes for us?
- What did Jesus do instead of answering them?
- Did the Pharisees allow themselves to be ignored?
- What did Jesus finally tell them to do?
- What did the accusers do? Why would the older men leave first?
- Read Deuteronomy 17:6. What is required to carry out a death penalty? How many witnesses against the woman were there?
- Did Jesus say the woman was without sin?
- Why did he send her away?
- Trace Jesus’ travels in this lesson. Mark the places of significant events.