Controversy at the Feast of Booths
Did you understand what you read?
- What were the various thoughts about Jesus being shown at the Feast of Booths in Jerusalem?
- Though Jesus went quietly to the feast, what did he begin to do at the temple?
- Why would people conclude that Jesus was uneducated? Where did Jesus claim to have been educated?
- What charge did Jesus bring against the people? What was their reaction?
- What had Jesus done that he claims had gotten the people riled at him?
- Until Jesus had mentioned that prior event, did the people recognize him? Did the rulers recognize Jesus as the Christ? Why did the people think he was not the Christ?
- Why couldn’t the people turn Jesus over to the authorities who were seeking him?
- What caused many people to believe that Jesus was the Christ?
- When Jesus said he would be leaving, where did the people think he was planning to go?
- What was the living water Jesus offered the people on the last day of the feast?
- What controversy arose on the last day of the feast? What were the various thoughts about Jesus?
- The chief priests and Pharisees had sent officers to arrest Jesus during the feast. Why did these men come back empty handed?
- What proof did Pharisees offer that Jesus was not the Christ? What excuse did they offer for the crowd favoring Jesus?
- What did Nicodemus suggest? Was his suggestion supportive of Jesus? Why was he accused of being from Galilee?
- Trace Jesus’ travels in this lesson. Mark the places of significant events.