The Cost of Following Jesus
Matthew 8:19-22; 19:1
Did you understand what you read?
- What did Jesus’ brother’s advise him to do? Why did they suggest this?
- Why did Jesus turn down their suggestion?
- What did he say the brothers should do instead?
- After turning the brothers down, why did Jesus go secretly?
- Why did some Samaritans reject Jesus as he journeyed?
- How did the disciples want to solve this problem?
- As they traveled, what did one man offer to do for Jesus? Was it a sincere offer?
- What did Jesus ask a second man to do? What excuse was given?
- What did a third man offer to do for Jesus? What condition did he place on his offer? What did Jesus’ response to this man mean?
- Trace Jesus’ travels in this lesson. Mark the places of significant events.