| Matthew 3:1-12
Did you understand what you read?
1. How does Luke date the events in his account when each nation during his time kept separate calendars?
2. Where did John do his preaching? What was his lifestyle like?
3. What was John teaching?
4. Did John’s baptism bring about the forgiveness of sins? (See Acts 19:1-5)
5. Who were the vipers? What wrath should they have been fleeing?
6. Was John the promised Messiah? How could the Jews have known this?
7. Why was John arrested?
8. Why did the Jews ask John if he was Elijah? Was he Elijah?