The Four Gospel Accounts
Did you understand what you read?
1. Why do you suppose God had four different accounts of Jesus’ life written?
2. Using your Bible and any commentary you might have, briefly describe the purpose of the books Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
3. Both Matthew and Luke give Jesus’ genealogy, but they are different. How are they different? Could the purpose of each book help explain why they are different?
4. John’s account begins with a description of the Word. Who is the Word? How do you know this?
5. Who is the Light in John’s account? Who bore witness to the Light?