Joseph Tests His Brothers
Read Genesis 42-45
- Why did Jacob send his sons to Egypt? Who did not go?
- What did Joseph accuse his brothers of doing? What proof did he demand of their innocence?
- On their return trip to Canaan, what did one brother find in his sack?
- Did Jacob hold out any hope for Simeon's return?
- What forced Jacob to send the brothers to Egypt a second time? Since Benjamin had to go, who took responsibility for him?
- What strange thing happened when the brothers were brought to dine at Joseph's house?
- Who was accused of stealing Joseph's cup?
- What did Judah say to Joseph that made Joseph decide to reveal himself?
- Did the brothers find any comfort in learning that the man they had been dealing with was their brother Joseph? Why?