The Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah
Reading: Genesis 18:16-19:38
- Why did God decide to tell Abraham about the upcoming destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah?
- Since God is all knowing, why would He need to visit the cities?
- Why would God allow Abraham to bargain with him over the fate of the cities?
- Who met the two angels by the city gate? What did he insist that they do?
- Who surrounded Lot's house? Were the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah isolated to a certain social class within the cities?
- What were the men of the city wanting? What did Lot offer them instead?
- Who did Lot try to convince to flee the city? At a minimum how many people would that have been? How many actually left?
- Where was Lot and his family to flee? What restriction was given to them? When did the destruction start?
- Why do you think Lot's wife look back? (See II Peter 2:18-22)
- Why did Lot's daughters decide to get their father drunk?
- What two nations descended from Lot?