Reading: Gen. 6:9-8:19
- Describe the ark (what it was made of, it's shape, and how large it was).
- How many animals were taken on the ark? How could the ark hold that much?
- When did the rains start after Noah entered the ark? How long did the rains last? Besides the rains, where else did the waters come from?
- Some say that the flood was a local flood and not world-wide. What phrases in this account makes you believe it was one or the other?
- How long did the earth remain under water? How long did it take for the waters to recede? Where did all the water go?
- How did Noah determine when the earth was dry enough to exit the ark?
- Altogether, how long did Noah and his family stay on the ark?