Reading Assignment: Eccl. 2:12-26
Did you understand what you read?
1. Why would Solomon consider foolishness? Give some examples of people who act as if foolishness is the purpose of life.
2. How is wisdom better than foolishness?
3. Why can't the pursuit of wisdom be the reason for living?
4. What do you get for a life of hard work?
5. Both playing and hard-work are shown to be useless. Being ignorant and striving after wisdom is useless as well. So is there no purpose to life because everything we can strive for is vanity in the end?
6. Is there a solution for those who wish to leave God out of their lives? Why or why not?