Reading Assignment: Eccl. 1:1-18
Did you understand what you read?
1. The name of the author is not given in this book, but there are many clues given as to his identity. From this chapter, prove who wrote the book.
2. What is the stated purpose of this book?
3. How is the author qualified to address such an ambitious goal? What method will be used to find the answer?
4. What is it about this world that gives rise to the question raised by the author?
5. The author chooses to look for the answer on a personal basis. Changing the world is a solution often advocated by other people who look at this question. Why is this not practical, according to the author?