Why Christ is Worthy of Praise
I. Text: Heb. 1:1-14
A. Christ has been appointed heir of all things
1. The nations were given to him as an inheritance - Ps. 2:8
2. All things are gathered together under his rule - Eph. 1:10
3. All Christians are his inheritance - Eph 1:18
4. Everything belong to the Father are Christ’s - John 16:15
B. What is amazing is that we are joint-heirs with Christ - Rom 8:16-17
1. Christ, himself, is pleased to call us brethren - Heb 2:11
C. How great is our elder brother?
II. Christ made the worlds
A. Col 1:16 - He created all things
B. God created all things through Jesus - John 1:3,10
C. He will outlast his creation - Heb 1:10-12
D. Notice the greatness of His handiwork!
1. We cannot measure the immensity of this universe; we cannot see the minute details within a single atom; yet, one hand created them all.
2. Ps. 148
III. Christ sustains the world by His word
A. Col 1:17 - All things consist (or is held together) through Him.
B. He spake the world into existence - Ps 33:6-9
1. Jesus is that word - John 1:1
2. In the creation, God said and it was so - Gen 1
C. The world was formed into existence from nothing - Heb 11:3
D. The world continues to be preserved by that same word - II Pet 3:5-7
IV. Christ perfectly reflects the glory of God
A. Ps. 84:11 - God is a sun
1. When we attempt to look at the sun, we only see the light thereof — the shining forth of the sun. We do not see the sun itself. Just trying to see the glory of the sun itself is too much for us.
2. No man has see the Father at any time - John 1:18
B. Jesus has shown us the Father - John 1:18
1. Jesus’ glory is the glory of God - John 1:14
2. In Jesus we can see the fullness of the Godhead in a bodily form - Col. 2:9
V. Christ is the expressed image of God’s being
A. He is the image of the invisible God - Col 1:15
B. He is qualified to represent the Father to the world
1. He had glory with the Father before the world existed - John 17:5
2. He was with God and was Deity himself - John 1:1
3. Being God, he shared with the Father the form of God - Phil 2:6
VI. Christ purged our sins
A. He cleansed us with his own blood - Heb 9:14
B. He cleansed us from all sin - I John 1:7
C. He has bought us back. Redeemed us at a great personal cost - Eph 1:7; I Pet 1:18-19
VII. Christ is in heaven at the right hand of God
A. Christ now rules from a position of honor - Eph 1:20; I Pet 3:22
B. Truly He is worthy of our honor - Phil 2:9-11
C. Daniel foresaw His glory - Dan 7:13-14
D. John saw Christ receive His power, riches, glory and honor - Rev 5
E. Christ is worthy of all that we can give him
1. Will you not give him your praise, your respect and honor?
2. Will you not give him yourself as a living sacrifice by bending your will to the King of Kings?