Redeeming the Time
Text: Ephesians 5:1-21
Definition of redeemed Vines Pertaining to Salvation: λυτρόω lytroō
- "to release on receipt of ransom" (akin to lutron, "a ransom"), is used in the Middle Voice, signifying "to release by paying a ransom price, to redeem"
- (Deuteronomy 15:15; 24:18) God Redeemed Israel.
- (Titus 2:14; I Peter 1:17-19) Christ has redeemed us out of slavery of sin
How serious is Time Management in Gods View?
Definition of redeemed Vines: Pertaining to our borrowed time on earth: έξαγοράζω exagorazō
in the Middle Voice, "to buy up for oneself," Ephesians 5:16 and Colossians 4:5, of "buying up the opportunity" (RV marg.; text, "redeeming the time," where "time" is kairos, "a season," a time in which something is seasonable), i.e., making the most of every opportunity, turning each to the best advantage since none can be recalled if missed.
- Examples in Matthew 24:36-25:46
- Dividing true believers from, fake followers – below are the conditions set how that will happen
- Parable of Servants (Faithful vs Lazy and wicked revels in sin) Matthew 24:45-51
- Parable of the Virgins (Prepared Virgins vs tried to do enough to just get by) Matthew 25:1-13
- Parable Talents - Profitable Servant vs the Servant who is lazy, unfaithful causes loss (Matthew 25:14-29) *A talent was worth about fifteen year's wages of a laborer
- Judgment Day - Sheep who were faithful vs40 "you did it to one of these" vs Goats who did nothing but live for themselves vs45 "you did not do it" (Matthew 25:31-46)
- Redeem the time we have been given
- (Ephesians 5:16; Colossians 4:5-6)
- What God tells us it is a salvation issue if we redeem the time or not.
- Time Sheets
- Work: At home or in the office
- Family Time: (this does not include TV time or video games)
- Making Meals: (Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Personal Bible Time:
- Teaching Family the Bible
- MARK DOWN HOW MANY HOURS YOU SPEND IN EACH CATEGORY PER DAY
- MARK WORLDLY OR GODLY INFLUENCE.
- MARK WHAT WORDLY INFLUENCE WE CAN FORFIET TO HAVE MORE GODLY INFLUENCE IN OUR LIVES
Where are your priorities? Because it is easy to make excuses and be overran take the easy way out when you have had a hard week, month, year(s).
We are looking for an approved Life from God
- If you do Gods will life will be bearable if not enjoyable knowing God has approved of your works. (Ecc 9:7-11)
- Our Attitude Time Management & Where our focus should be!
- Spiritual exercise (1 Timothy 4:6-10) Where our hope is fixed.
- Nourished, discipline, purpose godliness, promise for the present life and for the life to come
- labor and strive, fixed our hope
- It is a trustworthy statement deserving full acceptance.
- Have you fully accepted this statement into your life?
God's Yoke Gives us rest.
- (Matthew 11:29-30; Lamentations 3:27) God's Yoke will restore you, Worlds will not.
- End of your life, are you worthy (Ephesians 4:1, Revelation 3:4) Of God's blessing?
Which of the two Widows are you?
(I Timothy 5:13) Lazy Widows - Why they are not redeeming the time.
(I Timothy 5:9-10) Wise Widows – Redeemed their time on earth.
Which will you be, when you meet God?