A person will not reach heaven if they advocate a doctrine different from God
- A person who changes Godís teaching is condemned - Galatians 1:6-10; I Timothy 6:3-5; Revelation 22:18-19
- Men are to be instructed not to teach different doctrine - I Timothy 1:3-4
- We are commanded to reject a person who causes division by teaching a different doctrine, recognizing that he is in sin - Titus 3:9-11; Romans 15:17; II John 9-10
- The Devil deceives people into following a different doctrine - II Corinthians 11:2-4
- People who follow after Satan will end up in Hell - II Corinthians 11:13-15; Philippians 3:17-19
- It does not matter if we are the ones teaching falsely or if it is someone else. God is impartial and the judgment remains the same - Romans 2:1-11
As a child of God, we must only teach the doctrine of God
- If we speak, it must be according to Godís word - I Peter 4:11; Titus 2:11-15; Matthew 28:18-20
God only has one doctrine
- There is one faith - Ephesians 4:4-6; Jude 3
- Christ is not divided - I Corinthians 1:10-13
It is not possible for two people teaching different doctrines to both reach heaven.
- If a person is teaching a doctrine different from the one we are teaching, then there are only two possibilities: one of us is not teaching Godís doctrine or both of us are not teaching Godís doctrine.
- The way to heaven is narrow. The way to hell is broad - Matthew 7:13-14
See The Doctrine